Loading originals into the automatic document feeder (ADF)
The ADF capacity is up to 50 sheets of 75 g/m
(20 lb) media (depending on the thickness of
the media), or fewer sheets if the stack fills the ADF.
The minimum size for media in the ADF is 127 by 127 mm (5 by 5 inches). For smaller sizes
use the flatbed scanner. The maximum size for media in the ADF is 215.9 by 381 mm (8.5 by
1. Make sure that the flatbed scanner contains no media.
2. Close the flatbed scanner cover and put the top end of the stack of originals into the ADF
input tray, with the media stack face-up and the first page to be scanned on top of the
3. Slide the stack into the ADF input tray until it does not move any farther.
Chapter 5 Scanning
4. Adjust the media guides until they are snug.
5. The document is now ready to be scanned.
To prevent damaging the device, do not use an original that contains correction fluid,
correction tape, or staples.
Loading originals to scan