Using page-by-page scanning
For best results, load originals in the automatic document feeder (ADF) input tray, not the
1. Load the originals that are to be scanned face-up in the ADF input tray. Adjust the media
guides to hold the originals in place.
2. If the device is connected directly to your computer, the HP Director opens after you
insert an item into the automatic document feeder ADF input tray. If the HP Director does
not automatically open, double-click the desktop alias for the HP Director.
3. To open the HP Scan dialog box, click the HP Scan button in the HP Director.
4. Specify an image type.
5. Click Scan.
6. After the scan process has finished, click Scan next page.
7. Repeat step 6 for each page of the original.
8. After all of the pages have been scanned, click Send Now!.
Click the Save As icon to save the pages to a file.
Chapter 5 Scanning