Scanning to a file
1. Load the originals that are to be scanned face-up in the automatic document feeder (ADF)
input tray. Adjust the media guides to hold the originals in place.
Lift the flatbed scanner lid and load the original that is to be scanned face-down on the
flatbed scanner with the top, left corner of the document at the lower-right corner of the
glass. Gently close the lid.
2. If the device is connected directly to your computer, the HP Director opens after you
insert an item into the ADF input tray.
If you are scanning from the flatbed scanner (or if the HP Director does not automatically
open), double-click the desktop alias for the HP Director.
3. In the HP Director, click HP Scan. A preview scan of the original appears.
4. Click the Save As icon.
5. Enter a name for the file and a file type.
Scanning from the device and hp Director (Macintosh)
6. Click Save. The original is scanned and saved.
7. Click Done to close HP Scan.