To load originals into the automatic document feeder (ADF)
The ADF capacity is up to 50 sheets of 75 g/m
(20 lb) media.
The minimum size for media in the ADF is 127 by 127 mm (5 by 5 inches). For smaller sizes,
use the flatbed scanner. The maximum size for media in the ADF is 216 by 381 mm (8.5 by 15
1. Make sure that the flatbed scanner contains no media.
2. Close the flatbed scanner cover and put the top end of the stack of originals into the ADF
input tray, with the media stack face-up and the first page to be copied on top of the
3. Slide the stack into the ADF until it does not move any farther.
Chapter 4 Copying
4. Adjust the media guides until they are snug against the media.
5. The document is now ready to be copied.
To prevent damaging the device, do not use an original that contains correction tape,
correction fluid, or staples.
Loading originals to copy